Process Safety Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
* You will be providing advice on Process Safety standards and systems, as well as coaching and supporting manufacturing teams in risk analysis techniques.
* You will also deliver training modules associated with Process Safety and COMAH, as well as leading or participating in incident investigations, facilitating Process Safety Meetings and taking ownership and management of Process Safety documents and databases.
* The incumbent of the role will be based within Health & Safety team covering ours site in Sheffield and Rotherham.
* Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide support to the Speciality business in one or more areas of Process Safety Expertise and Management so as to develop the Businesses capability to effectively manage process safety risks.
To be successful you will be:
* We are looking for chemical, electrical or mechanical engineers who are chartered/working towards chartership with substantial operational experience and understanding of process safety practices and principals.
* Applicants will have a good understanding of Process Safety management and COMAH (Seveso III)
* Demonstrate level of professional competence in process safety speciality (e.g. PHR HAZOP, Risk assessment, LOPA, SIL, OBRA, MOC, DSEAR, Human factors, Emergency Preparedness etc).
* Beyond this, we'll depend on your effective communication and influencing skills and ability to meet the health and process safety demands of a growing business with your broad knowledge of various engineering disciplines.
* Candidates will have the ability to facilitate and lead risk assessment processes. You will have a clear vision of excellence in Process Safety and experience and competence in core safety subjects such as risk assessment and management systems.
* A good understanding and knowledge of Health Safety Legislation with experience of adhering to SWP’s, risk assessments, procedures and permit systems
* Good level of problem solving awareness
* £30,000 to £59,000
* Private Medical
* Generous pension scheme
* Various Retail discounts
£45k - £52k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £52k Annual