OR Surgical Technician
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by Augusta Health
Description :Surgical Services at Augusta Health combines community care with state of the art technology to provide high quality and patient centered care.
We currently have a full time OR Surgical Technician position open on in our Operating Room.
The position performs the function of a scrub technician assisting the surgeon during operative procedures, assessing and anticipating needs through knowledge and experience. Works under the direct supervision of RN circulating nurse and surgeon. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in the operating room over the life span. Must possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs as it relates to the scrub technician's role. Must be able to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies and procedures.
Come join the Augusta Health team located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Fishersville, VA. Augusta Health is an independent, community hospital recognized as one of Healthgrades' 50 Best Hospitals in America. Our mission is to promote the health and well-being of our community through access to excellent care. We build trust and peace of mind through our core values of patient-and community-centeredness, professionalism, excellence, and teamwork. .
Some benefits of working at Augusta Health include:
• Insurance package including health, dental, and vision
• Retirement savings helping you to plan for your future
• Generous paid time off to promote work life balance
• Free onsite parking
• 24/7 armed security to ensure your safety
• Shift and weekend differentials
• Flexible scheduling
• Clinical ladder career path program
• Shared governance
• Tuition reimbursement
• Onsite child care
• Augusta Health Fitness Reimbursement Program
• Individualized orientation with dedicated preceptor
• Onsite credit union
• Employee discounts including the cafeteria, gift shop, pharmacy, and movie tickets