Software Safety Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We are a world leader in missile and weapon systems looking for a highly capable, adaptable and pro-active Software Safety Engineer to join our development facility in Stevenage. You will be part of a team delivering software safety arguments for the next generation of advanced missile systems, and will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills within the weapon systems domain, with a specific focus on the safety assurance of our software products.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally you will have a degree in Safety Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Systems Engineering, combined with significant experience in delivering safety-related/critical reports and arguments - or equivalent experience.
- You will have been responsible for the delivery of (software) safety cases and arguments and will be comfortable working with engineers from other disciplines and with international colleagues.
- To succeed in this role you will need to have an eye for detail, understand the need for complete openness and traceability in the safety arguments that you produce, and demonstrate unshakeable integrity in your commitment to the role.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development.
- The work that you undertake will be across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others is essential.
- It would be desirable, but not essential for your experience to have been gained in defence, automotive, or aerospace.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software safety and its application to modern weapon systems. You will be working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can depend upon.
- Many of our products and components are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France, Italy, and Germany.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
- Your skills will be developed through a mixture of project exposure, formal training (including professional qualifications), and attendance at conferences.
- You will have the opportunity to work with software engineers in the adoption of new languages and techniques to ensure that they can be used in the development of safety-related/critical software.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
- You will be helping to manage and develop software safety for the next generation of Missile Systems across multiple specialist areas including Embedded, Command and Control (C2) and Mission Planning systems.
- You will be required to co-ordinate safety-related activities across multiple projects and product variants in order to ensure the efficient delivery of software safety solutions into these areas.
- This is a hands-on role that requires a combination of both technical and organisational/inter-personal skills.
- You will be involved in developing MBDA’s software safety processes for the adoption of new technology within a safety context.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining the Software Product Lines and Capability team, which supports the development of software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world.
- We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems and you will be working with a talented group of experienced software and systems on interesting and novel products.
- Supporting multiple projects covering actuation systems, launchers and weapon controllers
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)