Senior Safety Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Are a senior civil, electrical and mechanical engineer who is confident at designing complex, high-value assets and projects?
You will be responsible for providing operations with specialist knowledge and support relating to nuclear and radiological safety, including radiological protection and human factors, and to ensure ongoing compliance with regulations. We are looking for individuals to support both new-build infrastructure as well as projects relating to the development of existing dockyard and naval base assets.
About the role
As the successful Senior Safety Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Provide nuclear and radiological knowledge and support to the business.
* Ensure compliance with statutory legislation and the terms of the site licence.
* Deliver nuclear safety cases and licencing plans
* Develop and implement nuclear safety processes and standards
* Provide technical advice on nuclear safety assessment processes and policy
About the candidate
To be successful in the role of Senior Safety Engineer you will have the following skills and qualifications:
* Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
* Chartered Engineer or able to attain chartership status
* Nuclear safety policy and methodology
* Safety case development leadership
* Nuclear facility licensing and authorisation
* Experienced in leading, motivating and supporting design teams
About the application process
If you are successful in applying for the role you will be contacted within one week for a short telephone interview before your CV is submitted to the client.
If you would like more information on the role, please call Sophia in the Exeter branch on (phone number removed)