Project Developer - Onshore Wind
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
The company is continuing to grow their wind farm portfolio and breaking into new markets, so they are looking to expand within the Project Development team.
This role is based within a team of developers who focus on the development and delivery of onshore wind farms.
They are looking for an applicant who can work across multiple disciplines in addition to their specialist role and who can demonstrate the potential to develop new areas of expertise.
The range of activities undertaken by the team extends from handling initial enquiries and identifying, sourcing and securing prospective sites, through the delivery of planning applications and management of appeals (as required), to build. All of this was done with the focus on excellent community engagement.
* Lead and advise on environmental surveys on EIA and non-EIA projects, utilising knowledge of environmental and planning legislation
* Contribute to preliminary and detailed multidisciplinary technical studies during the prospecting, site assessment, EIA, consenting and design phases of all renewable developments
* Identify, contact and secure land agreements with landowners required for all aspects of a project, with assistance as required
* Develop a business relationship with the relevant landowner to include full discussions on the financial and legal ramifications of development
* To assist in the preparation of technical reports and, when needed, participate in the presentation of the results of technical studies
* Use available software tools to analyse sites and carry out site surveys to identify the viability for commercial wind/renewable projects
* Use available software tools to produce maps and plans, photomontages and other map or design-based documents to refine sites and in the submission of supporting statements of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) for planning applications
* Arrange & attend site and community visits and meetings
* Liaise effectively with team members to ensure the projects are suitably supported
* Prepare and deliver (at meetings or by e-mail) progress reports for each project managed
* Comfortable working on projects with evolving scopes, in the context of competing priorities
* Capable of developing and building excellent client and community relationships
* More than 3 years of post-graduate experience
* UK Driving Licence
* Able to write clear, concise and accurate reports and communications in English
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact James McNair at Cathcart Energy on (phone number removed) and apply with your latest CV
£25k - £35k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£20k - £26k Annual