Clinical Specialty Pharmacist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Pharmacist-Clin Specialty - Pharmacy Services General 004 - Full-Time,Day - Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,IN
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders in specialized areas, such as nuclear medicine, oncology, cardiology. Serves as a subject matter expert in pharmacy discipline and provides guidance across pharmacies and to clinical leadership.
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems.
- Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients. Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Oversees technical personnel who assist in the preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Assists with academic functions such as serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students. May float to provide coverage of pharmacy needs. Provides patient counseling when required.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Indiana Board Of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)