Manager - Case Management
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Manages professional and clerical associates who work in case management, as well as tracking of the post-acute period and provision of disease management, and contracting with internal and external resources.
- Communicates with administration and medical staff in matters related to appropriateness of hospital admissions, discharge planning, and length of stay.
- Serves as content specialist for staff in the areas of utilization criteria, appeal and review process, and case management system documentation.
- Develops staff schedule and revises assignments daily to assure optimal unit coverage and distribution of workload within staffing standards. Covers on units as needed and serves as a resource for complex case management issues.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
- Required Credential(s): One or more of the following:
- Case Manager credentialed from the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Counselor obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)