MRI Technologist - FT, 10am - 6:30pm
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by CHI Mercy Health
Pay Scale: $34.29 - $45.58
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Imaging Services, the MRI Technologist will work closely with interpreting and referring physicians, other department staff and patients to deliver high quality MRI examinations.
- Performs all MRI exams following established protocols; providing images of high quality for a permanent record and presentation to Radiologists for interpretation. Provides for patient comfort and safety in a strong magnetic field environment and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs special MR imaging techniques for special need patient groups (pediatric, etc.).
- Understands the use of pulse oximetry, gating devices, power injector and all MRI accessories.
- Consults with Radiologist for special protocols on special imaging cases. Participates in protocolling outpatient exams with radiologists.
- Completes exams on Meditech, including applicable ancillary charges and verifies exams on PAC's in a timely manner upon exam completion.
- Ensures MRI QC (quality control) is performed on equipment as stated by the Joint Commission and ACR.
- Performs quality control checks, investigates and evaluates the MR system daily for any inconsistencies. Notifies proper personnel concerning any deficiencies of the MR system or work area.
- Wipes down all equipment with disinfectant solution after each exam; including bore of magnet, which must be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assures all fields are complete in accordance with department and The Joint Commission safety standards.
- Current licensure by the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging as an MRI Technologist required.
- ARRT/MR registration required.
- Must have current BLS within 30 days of hire.
- Previous MRI Technologist experience preferred.
- Strong organizational abilities, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology program required.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Evening Job
- Market: CHI Mercy Health