Technology Operational Risk Program Manager 4
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Corporate Risk, the Operational Risk Group is responsible for independently overseeing the management of operational risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate operational risk exposures across groups, legal entities, geographies and jurisdictions) and the quality of operational risk management practices across the company. Responsibilities of this group include: developing, maintaining, and ensuring adherence to enterprise-wide operational risk frameworks, risk policies, and risk management procedures aligned to approved risk appetite statements.
The Technology, Third Party and Information Risk Oversight (TTIRO) team is an independent risk management function within the Corporate Risk Group. This team is responsible for monitoring and oversight of the firm's Technology Risk, Third Party Risk, Information Management Risk and Information Security Risk. This includes traditional independent risk management activities to identify, assess, measure, monitor, control and report on significant enterprise risks to ensure these enterprise risks are appropriately managed within established risk appetites and tolerances.
In order to accelerate the adoption of strong risk management practices and transform the Wells Fargo culture, the TTIRO team is strengthening its independent risk management capabilities and will be hiring new Technology Operational Risk Managers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leadership team dedicated to providing Wells Fargo with world-class technology risk management.
The Technology Operational Risk Manager is responsible for establishing and directing independent risk management practices to ensure the Technology Platform is performing, functioning in a safe and sound manner and is in compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines from multiple jurisdictions (e.g. OCC, FRB, CFPB and other international regulators). This individual will lead a team of risk professionals whose responsibilities include monitoring and oversight of frontline technology teams accountable to manage technology and other operational risks within established risk appetites and tolerances. The manager and team are expected to maintain awareness and influence and escalate utilizing the Wells Fargo Risk Management Framework, policies and procedures established by Corporate Risk.
This position will play a key role in technology risk management, including:
- Independently assessing, reporting and as necessary escalating operational risks generated by Wells Fargo Technology as well as technology risks across the company to established governing bodies up to and including the Board of Directors.
- Assist with maintaining an authoritative source library for technology risk and controls.
- Assist with monitoring and testing adherence to policies/procedures.
- Perform, coordinate, and document independent cross-functional risk assessments, aggregate risk assessments, evaluate effectiveness of internal controls, and review and credibly challenge frontline control enhancements.
- Review and credibly challenge frontline plans to address gaps and improve the effectiveness of technology risk management, paying particular attention to trends in financial services and other highly regulated industries.
- Assist with the development of enterprise-wide technology risk policies and procedures.
- Provide credible challenge to frontline activities, including those related to remediation plans.
- Provide compliance and risk management expertise and consultation to independently oversee Strategic Initiatives.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated information technology management experience in areas such as infrastructure management, network management, application development, cloud based services or information security.
- Experience with conducting independent risk assessments, aggregate risk assessments, quality assurance, assessing the adequacy of policies, procedures, processes, and compliance and operational controls.
- Proven ability to think strategically and develop executable strategic plans.
- Strong ability to work with and influence peers, leaders and team members at all levels and across functional lines.
- Ability to translate ambiguous ideas/issues into well-defined plans/solutions; while influencing decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change.
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis.
- Leadership and self-motivation with proven ability to be adaptable to a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities and strict timelines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to prepare and deliver complex data in a way that is concise/understandable.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and project management experience.
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory requirements.
- Six Sigma Certifications.
- Certifications in Technology and/or Information Security disciplines.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.