Application Architect - Finance - Permanent - Reigate - Excellent Pack
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Finshore Partners
Our client, a Global Financial Institution, are looking for an Application Architect to join their team on a permanent basis. As an Application Architect, you will have responsibility for the technical solution with respect to the user experience of the platform and design of the workflow through the platform. You will need to ensure that there is compatibility with other products in the solution and adherence to the corporate technical direction of Microsoft first and cloud first.
Together with the Solution Architect and the other application architects, you will contribute to the evolutionary development of the solution covering the complete end to end process of on-boarding clients, managing investments and the monitoring and reporting on those investments.
Your role will cover all aspects of the development life cycle. This will include varied tasks ranging from recruiting top class engineers, capturing and evolving requirements, enhancing and refactoring software architecture, developing new software components, maintaining and debugging existing components, documenting and testing software features.
- Proven experience producing quality deliverables on time.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of successfully leading the architectural design of a product or group of products.
- Have the ability and experience to co-ordinate technical and development activities across a team.
- Experienced in the breadth of software engineering activities within an evolutionary life cycle process including: requirements capture and analysis; architectural and detailed software design; object-orientated software implementation; unit and system-level testing; installation and deployment.
- Familiarity with software life cycle processes and support tools, estimation and quality assurance principles.
- Ability to coordinate day-to-day development and bug-fixing activities.
- Extensive day to day experience of writing software in an Object Orientated mainstream language (eg C#, C++, Java, Delphi). Good understanding of how to effectively employ Object Orientated principles. The candidate will have had design responsibility for successful software components and applications.
- An understanding of software architecture design best practice and awareness of how to create software which is high performance, scalable, easily maintainable, extensible, and easy to test and debug.
- A good appreciation of current and emerging technologies along with their potential benefits and limitations across the full Microsoft technology stack.
- Ability to learn quickly about the investment business domain in which the solution will be deployed and be able to think and communicate in terms that users feel comfortable with.
- An aptitude to think form a user's perspective to envisage how the solution can best support the business task and interface with the user in the client organisations.
£18k - £30k Annual
£70k - £90k Annual
£45k - £80k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual