Senior technical Writer: Agile Innovation Hub: Global Co
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
Senior technical Writer: Agile Innovation Hub: Global Energy Company
World Leading Global Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer to join their new Agile Innovation Hub in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. You will be documenting all of the tools and platforms to create a central repository within this new venture.
This area sets out to do things differently, taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways.
About the role:
You will compose clear and coherent technical information, discuss commercial and industrial products and services, write instruction manuals for users, as well as possess complete understanding of a company's products and applications.
Day to day activities will include:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Research and build knowledge about products, services, technology and concepts to be documented
- Determine a clear and logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension
- Write and edit technical information accordingly
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements
- Revise, edit or updates instructions, technical information and proactively ask questions as necessary
- Create, adapt and follows project schedules and deadlines
- Specialise in technical ideally within the digital sector
- Remain up-to-date on technological and product developments
- Ideally Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications or Information Technology
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Markdown and Github
- Ideally experience in working with development teams, Agile, Kubernetes, Azure Ansible
- Ability to explain concepts clearly
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills
- Team player
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.
€40 - €44 Hourly
€500 - €650 Daily