Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Henley Computer Services
Our client is looking for an SAP Developer.
The main purpose of the role is:
- Performing SAP programming tasks as directed by business stakeholders and functional, technical& support colleagues within the IT Business Systems Team.
- Working with the people directing you to understand their business process, master and transactional data. Understand how the programming work fits in with the overall IT delivery. This could be within FI, CO, QM, PP, MM, WM, SD, LO, HR, PS and any other modules of SAP utilised by the client.
- Undertake unit testing of the programming work delivered.
- Handover unit tested work to an acceptable quality standard and level of functionality.
- Document details of the programming work delivered.
- Work on support calls as required to debug and fix issues with existing programming.
- Participate in other technical development work as directed by the Business Systems Team Leader.
- Scope and requirements clarification. Most tasks will be directed by functional, technical and support colleagues in the form of a technical specification - fewer tasks will be directed by end users. Work with them to agree and understand the scope and functional requirements and the priority and timescales involved.
- Technical design. Using knowledge of SAP best practice and development tools, and the client's development methodology, design how you will deliver the requirement and get sign-off from the Functional and/or Technical Lead as required.
- Using SAP knowledge and skills - and/or those of colleagues and external consultants - perform the developer tasks required to build the programming elements of the overall IT process. Perform unit testing of the programming work delivered and handover to functional/support colleagues or end user.
- Documentation of the programming work to assist you and others in life cycle management of the work involved.
- Provide support for issues reported with programming work.
- Non-programming technical tasks. A versatility to participate in project work and support on technical areas besides programming is required at times. Such examples would be LSMW, Business Objects, Basis, Authorisation Roles. Willing to be trained and develop new skills.
- Experience with ABAP development on a variety of use cases including ALV reports, user exits, function modules, BADIs and the like.
- Experience with SMART Forms and/or SAP Script.
- Experience of developing in at least three of the SAP modules FI, CO, QM, PP, MM, WM, SD, LO, HR, PS.
- Knowledge of sales orders, bills of material, MRP, purchase orders, inventory, accounts payable, quality inspection, production orders, outbound deliveries, shipments, billing and accounts receivable is desirable.
- Understanding of the SAP development cycle, Basis landscape and transports system.
- Experience in supporting SAP upgrade is desired.
- Knowledge of S/4 HANA is advantageous.
- Experience of Fiori apps and personas in the ECC6 and S/4 HANA environment is a bonus.
£28k - £30k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual
£30k - £45k Annual