Data Engineer: Python/Cloud: Centre of Excellence: Global Co
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
Data Engineer: Pthon/Cloud: Centre of Excellence: Global Energy Co.
World Leading Global Energy Oil Company has an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to join a Data Centre of Excellence within their Digital engineering department, working across a digital accelerator initiative.
They are tackling a billion-dollar problem which can lead to safety risks, downtime and expensive maintenance. New visual inspections are done to detect integrity issues early with latest digital technologies like Deep Learning based Computer Vision.
Currently their systems are built on Mongo DB, Azure Blob, a Python-based Rest API, and GPU-enabled VMs running Dockerized versions of our inference engines.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate Data Engineer who would like to work in a dynamic and exciting space with a focused and talented digital and business team, having a lot of fun.
The position is required for at least 6 months till end of the year, likely with extension. The team shift location to support the development at customer site (R'dam).
- 2 days per week: Rotterdam office (Thursday-Friday)
- 2 days per week: Amsterdam office (Monday- Tuesday)
- 1 day per week: Flexible (at home)
- Travel cost will be covered by the project (depending on base location)
part time can be discussed.
- Work experience 5+ years in Python and data/cloud engineering
- You are experienced in Linux OS (preferably Ubuntu) and are familiar with all Back End development tools
- You are experienced in Back End frameworks such as Django and Flask and have experience using it for Back End development
- You have experience in cloud-based development (on Azure or AWS)
- You have worked in a DevOps environment, and took ownership of CI/CD life cycle of your deliverables
- You have hands-on experience with Docker
- You have hands-on experience with the Mongo DB API for data binding
Nice to have:
- You have experience working with Machine Learning/Deep Learning project teams, assisting them on the data engineering work on the cloud
- You are familiar with Deep Learning workflows, and with Keras and TensorFlow
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.
€40 - €44 Hourly