Senior Digital Asset Manager
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Senior Digital Asset Manager (SDAM) will oversee all aspects of managing company's global digital asset management operations. This includes specifying requirements to the Platform Product Owner for the initial set up including establishing a taxonomy/meta data architecture and content life cycle and ongoing management of the system. The SDAM will manage the delivery of services related to the digital asset management, guiding and supporting users in uploading assets, searching and retrieving existing assets, and delivering reports on digital asset management usage. You will also consolidate and migrate imagery, documents and videos to the new system and perform subsequent maintenance on the collection.
- Develop a unified metadata strategy and architecture, establish best practices for the creation and management of metadata that are rigorous and scalable, allowing users to quickly search and discover marketing assets.
- Work with the organizational stakeholders to facilitate the initial and ongoing ingestion of assets, and help with the integration of new taxonomy & metadata requirements as needed.
- Create and manage workflows for ingestion, storage and delivery of assets to DAM system users, all the while looking for efficiencies in these processes.
- Responsible for the development, day-to-day operation, and maintenance of the digital asset management system.
- Identify assets set to expire and take appropriate action.
- Manage licensing and copyright requirements.
- Audit assets for accurate naming and metadata.
- Track assets through their stages of production, collect and report digital asset usage data, evaluate effectiveness of library resources and services and provide regular reporting and/or presentations on all of the above.
- Act as the point of contact for all users for training, troubleshooting, digital asset management best-practices, system improvements and support.
Required Job Qualifications:
- BA in Library Science or its equivalent required; MLS in Library Science or advanced technical degree with regard to Digital Asset Libraries preferred. Prior business ownership experience with Digital Asset Library Systems is essential.
- 5+ years of proven success in managing a Digital Asset Library.
- Knowledge of file formats (InDesign, high res vs low res, video compression, web files, etc.) as well as end to end content workflows. This includes both internal and external agency processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills. Able to communicate effectively and efficiently with a wide variety of stakeholders. Able to lead, prioritize, and forge consensus. A real team player with strong leadership skills.