Project Manager - Oil & Gas (Design Group)
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Barry Wehmiller
About Us:Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration and IT consulting firm, capable of delivering complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance and other technology services for the world's leading companies. Our organization is staffed by 1,400-plus engineering and technical specialists, operating from more than 40 global offices in the United States and India. An autonomous part of Barry-Wehmiller, Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction-management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions Inc. We are focused on giving our professionals opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique people-centric culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
We are actively seeking a Project Manager who is a highly motivate leader to join our team in Bellingham or Federal Way, WA. The successful candidate must have extensive experience in executing projects for the Oil Refining, Gas Transmission or Petrochemical industries with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety.
- Responsibilities include all aspects of client relationship development and project execution including proposal development and presentation, management of project resources, project budgets and forecasting, schedule management, project engineering, integration, installation, start-up and project closure.
- The work will be varied and may include conceptual studies, detailed design, field installation, or construction support for projects ranging from small capital or maintenance projects to full EPC capital projects.
- The candidate must excel at leading a multi-office, multi-disciplinary team and will have ultimate responsibility for successful execution of the project to meet the technical and commercial goals.
- Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility. Successful Design Group Project Managers have leadership skills and experience with a drive to grow and expand local and regional clients.
- 10+ years of project management experience in executing projects for the Oil Refining, Gas Transmission, Gas Processing or Petrochemical industries.
- Highly motivate leader with varied experience managing projects of different sizes and types.
- Requires strong engineering skills and demonstrated success with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and focus on safety.
- Awareness of engineering best practices and standards applicable to the Oil and Gas industry required.
- Technical background in midstream or downstream facility / unit operations and design is essential to be able to recognize and address technical deficiencies before they result in risk to the project, client, or company.
- Strong analytical skills, and a sound understanding of project management fundamentals - scheduling resources, managing and forecasting costs.
- Client development, consulting and experience in the preparation of proposals for engineering services are highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as a professional demeanor are essential. This position must communicate effectively with Clients, Vendors, Contractors and other Design Group employees at all levels of responsibility.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering is preferred but consideration will be given to other degrees based on actual project experience.
- We are looking for candidates local to the area. For highly qualified applicants outside of the local area some relocation assistance may be available.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.