Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Parsons
Are you a problem solver? Do you like being a vital team player on a critical mission?
Parsons is hiring a Systems Engineer to support of team of software developers, reverse engineers, and forensics engineers in a fast-paced, mission-driven, ops center in Quantico/Stafford, VA. In a nutshell, your job is to ensure an item will perform its intended function; maintain operationally sound equipment; document base line processes and configuration controls; maintain back-ups, upgrades, patches, and evaluate code; and provide feedback regarding NMAP, vulnerabilities, PCAP, and other security policies.
You will have direct interaction with customers and other contractors to participate in the network design, development, maintenance, and security process. The candidate will work closely with the customer in the deployment and support of new and ongoing operations. We are focused on providing our customers with unique capabilities and expertise that other company's lack. We operate as a high performance team focused on maintaining the top technical talent to perform the customer mission - our number one priority. The ideal candidate is someone that is enamored by technology and eager to sink his or her teeth into something new.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or another similar field. (Four years of experience can serve in lieu of a degree.)
- 7+ years of experience as a Network Engineer or Systems/Software Engineer
- Citizenship Required
- Top Secret Clearance Required
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
- Experience with the technologies enumerated below:
- Desktop systems: Windows/MAC OS/Linux (CENTOS/UBUNTU) desktop systems
- Switches/Routers: CISCO/Juniper/Watchguard
- Wireless Access points
- Server: Dell/Nutanix
- Server OS: MS 2012R2/Linux/ESXi
- Virtualization: Vsphere/AHV
- Storage Management
- Amazon Cloud
- Network Monitoring: Nagios/Wireshark
- Firewall: CISCO Adaptive Security Appliance/PFSENSE
- IDS: Snort/BRO
- PROXY: Squid
- Application Administration: Confluence/JIRA/SVN/CHAT
- Database Administration: Postgresql/SQLite etc.