Senior District Account Manager - NC
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Ecolab
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, is seeking a Senior District Manager in our Energy Services group. If you are a passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in technical sales we invite you to apply. You will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth of Nalco Champion programs and services in targeted accounts within the Oil and Gas industries. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and retention of strategic Nalco Champion accounts. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with a large customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies.
What's in it For You:
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Develop your career as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment, including medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with current and new customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory
- Leverage extensive product, service, and market knowledge in customer dialogue
- Monitor local and regional competition, market shares, and pricing within assigned area
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, including plant or facility executives
- Execute sales plans for assigned customers and new customer accounts to meet defined territory profit increase goal
- Provide technical support to customers by identifying and resolving customer complaints, and escalating as required
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels
- Actively sell and support Nalco Champion innovations and technology for assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco Champion
- Identify external target business opportunities across districts and business groups.
- Anticipate customer needs based on knowledge of customer processes and operations
- Assist with collection of samples and conduct laboratory analysis.
- Monitor, track, and maintain adequate field chemical inventories and equipment as necessary
- Provide analytics and delivery of all reports required by customer contracts and internal reporting responsibilities, such as service reports
- Collaborate with other sales teams within Nalco Champion to develop new and existing sales processes
- Display competency in leading internal teams and developing strategies for the business units
- Leverage knowledge and expertise to actively mentor younger representatives within District
- Exhibit expert-level knowledge in all product areas
- Must have the ability to Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 55 pounds chest high
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to travel within a geographic territory
- Ability to travel overnight for business
- 25% overnight travel required to support sales territory
- Must have a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 15 years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience
- Experience in oil and gas industry preferred
- Previous Refinery/Petrochemical experience
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on multilevel plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals
- A strong work ethic and ability to multitask
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.