Independent Nurse Practitioner, Urgent Care Specialist- Fayetteville,
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by UnitedHealth Group
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We're also the career home for Independent Nurse Practitioner who are eager to bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. Join us and you'll discover a chance to build meaningful relationships with the patients, their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.
- All medically related functions performed by a nurse practitioner are to be performed under the supervision of a properly licensed physician
- Responsible for the exceptional treatment and communication of care options to every MedExpress patient
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of the latest changes, updates, and literature relating to medical care
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of medical charts
- After consultation with the AP Program Medical Director, oversees patient issues and concerns which may include but are not limited to patient medical care
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including assessments, physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses and treatment. Works in collaboration with designated Physician(s)
- Orders diagnostic tests, including but not limited to: x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests and with direct medical oversight, interprets the test results for deviation from normal
- Performs procedures, including but not limited to: I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care
- May be required to supervise ancillary staff
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions and refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care options as appropriate
- Communicates with patients regarding test results and appropriate clinical information as care necessitates
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens
- Master's degree (MSN) and certification by one of the Nurse Practitioner certifying bodies (ANCC or AANP) as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Certified in CPR, ACLS and PALS
- Must meet credentialing requirements, including licensure, boards and current DEA
- Must meet state requirements for independent practice
- 2+ years experience as Nurse Practitioner
- Working Knowledge of Emergency, urgent care, and occupational medicine fields
- Working Knowledge HIPAA, OSHA, HR and billing/coding requirements
- Working Knowledge of State and federal laws governing medical services
- Valid Prescriptive Authority (per State practice requirements); ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage
- Ability to travel to other centers
- Clinical experience in an emergency medicine, urgent care, retail care, primary care and / or ambulatory care setting
- Ability to learn computer software programs; enter and maintain accurate data and statistical information in order to consistently prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials
- Requires working in a clinical setting
- The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens
- Ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping)
- Ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Careers with MedExpress. Our focus is simple. We deliver high-quality, convenient, affordable health care in a patient-centric manner. With a full medical team, our neighborhood medical centers are open 12 hours a day, every day. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, employer health services, and basic wellness and prevention services. Everything we do is focused on our patients. And now we're part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, a team of more than 185,000 people working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. We're a physician-led group with administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA - but you can become part of our elite team almost anywhere in the country.
Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Keywords: Independent Nurse Practitioner, Urgent Care Specialist, Fayetteville, Arkansas, AR