Lead Solutions Architect
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by MetLife
Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is seeking a Lead Solution Architect to join its Enterprise Architecture team supporting US Business. The Lead Solution Architect will work closely with the Director of the group and will be responsible for defining the system components, services, technologies, and design required to implement a solution that represents an intersect of elements from MetLife's Business, Information, Application, and Technology architecture domains, and addresses a specific Business opportunity or problem. The ideal candidate will have strong business & technology acumen and can translate business vision and strategy into effective enterprise change by creating, communicating and improving the key requirements, principles and models that describe the enterprise's future state and enable its evolution.
- Responsible for creating, analyzing and review of assigned architecture domain, solution architecture
- Collaborates with other architects to ensure integrity of assigned domain, or solution architecture
- Leads or participates on matrixed team projects as assigned
- Participates in project planning
- Maintains related project documents and/or architecture artifacts
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of related architecture experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of multiple architecture disciplines, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience working with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in project planning and execution
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and apply abstract architectural concepts
- Demonstrated inter-personal and consultative skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively interact with peer level associates
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and usually meets all expectations
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects
- Broad knowledge of technologies and design patterns
- Experience and/or trained in one or more formal architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, or Zachman.
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers."
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110006