Scientist, Systems Engineering
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Title - Scientist, Systems Engineering
Job Location - Rochester, NY
Job Code - CS-31445
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Harris Communications Systems is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented technical systems engineer to join their Advanced Customer Engineering Services team.
In this customer-facing role, the systems engineer would provide technical expertise to support the development of mission system solutions in support of new business pursuits, proposal efforts and capture within both the DoD and International tactical communications systems business. The ideal candidate understands tactical communications with a desire to learn about new customers and cultures.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability work to within a large engineering team are required. The successful candidate must also be able to describe complex system solutions to audiences of varying technical backgrounds and establish support/enthusiasm for a proposed solution.
If you are looking to take the next step in expanding your horizons as an engineer, then the systems engineering position is for you.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering (BSEE or BSCE)
- Minimum 12 years of experience in systems engineering or product design engineering to include the following:
- Experience architecting and deploying networked tactical voice and data communication systems.
- Specific knowledge of VHF, UHF, SATCOM, and MANET waveforms.
- Experience interfacing directly with military customers to understand and refine operational requirements
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience to include the areas of Systems Design and Systems Integration with relevant technology, including customer facing support
- Enjoys working with people, developing relationships and sharing knowledge within a team focused environment
- Familiarity with technologies and applications (airborne, vehicular, manpack, and handheld)
- Expertise in one or more of the following: Military Tactical Radio Applications and Systems Design (HF, VHF, UHF, Satcom), IP Networking, Wireless Voice and Data Systems, Platform and Vehicular Integration, C4ISR systems design
- International travel experiences, working with international teams and understanding of cultural sensitivity areas.
Please be aware that many of our positions, including this one, require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.