Senior Software Engineer - Networking Waveforms
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Title - Senior Software Engineer - Networking Waveforms
Job Location - Rochester, NY
Job Code - CS-30489
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
The Harris Communication Systems segment is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented individual well versed in the architecture, algorithms and design of leading-edge communications waveforms. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations and a collaborative team setting. The individual will develop creative and innovative solutions for our customer's problems. Challenges include short development schedules, resource constraints, and evolving security requirements. Further a successful candidate must be:
- Advance waveform innovation throughout the company and identify strategies to bridge gaps by applying relevant technologies
- Monitor waveform-related research and technologies internal and external to the company, and provide thought leadership to the community and to Customers
- Develop waveforms to support proposed system architectures
- Research and apply waveform-related technologies, like signal detection and exploitation
- Able to communicate effectively with contacts inside and outside of the organization on matters of strategic importance to influence executive leadership on new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Able to describe complex system solutions to audiences of varying technical backgrounds and establish support/enthusiasm for a proposed solution
- Minimum Bachelors degree required with 15+ years of software engineering experience to include:
- Experience with C/C++ OOD, embedded
- Experience and extensive background in signal processing and communications theory
- Experience and extensive knowledge with advanced waveforms and SDR platform
- 10+ years working in the current state of waveform technologies and advanced research
- 7+ years of experience applying advanced research and technologies to Customer-oriented solutions
- Active Secret security clearance, or active within the past 2 years.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Masters/Doctorate degree highly desired, with 13+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience leading Agile projects
- Experience with commercial and DOD open architecture initiatives
- Experience prototyping and evaluating waveforms in MATLAB or other simulation tools
- Experience programming with C/C++ in embedded Linux and/or with FPGA's
- Broad knowledge of Harris technology and capabilities, and an ability to drive cultural and business shifts
- Broad knowledge of Spectrum Management; RF sensing and avoidance, DSA techniques
- Knowledge of Networking protocols Ethernet, IP, UDP/TCP, IPSec, RIP, OSPF, PIM desired
- Proficiency with communication test equipment such as oscilloscope; spectrum analyzer and vector signal generator (VSG)
- Self-motivated and capable of performing with limited oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.