Senior Associate, Systems Engineering
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Harris Corporation
Job Title - Senior Associate, Systems Engineering
Job Location - Rochester, NY
Job Code - CS-31526
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
System Design and Implementation of complex tactical radio systems integrated into systems and platforms (land, sea, air) that satisfy specific customer requirements for critical wireless communications.
- Systems Engineer within a Systems Engineering Integration and Test Integrated Program Team (IPT) to develop the end customer's system requirements and system architecture.
- Work with Project Management to ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including informal requirements, into solutions that balance the technical, schedule and cost constraints for the system design.
- Design and integration of electronics and communications equipment into vehicle platforms (primarily land vehicles, but sea and air platforms experienced a plus)
- Monitor project area risks: Actively identifying potential risks, ensuring reduction actions are being addressed during system design and execution, and are proactively completing mitigation plans.
- Detailed design systems utilizing Harris and other OEM equipment to offer a complete customer solution integrated into customer systems and various platforms (land vehicle, ship, aircraft, UAV). Tactical systems deployed over following: HF, VHF, UHF, and microwave radios, custom design peripheral subsystems for both voice and data applications.
- Validation support of system requirements in writing test procedures and technical analysis documentation.
- Working knowledge of IP networking, video, and other data protocols for use in communication systems.
- Position requires the demonstrated ability to work effectively with other organizations (Engineering, Sales, Program Management, and Operations) to complete assigned projects.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or a 2 year post-Secondary Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Graduate Degree with 0-2 years of prior related experience.
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Technical proposal experience to include knowledge and expertise in the following areas: detailed scheduling, work breakdown structure development, basis of estimates development and technical writing.
- Knowledge of RF antenna systems, two-way tactical radio systems, microwave systems, other wireless systems, IP networks, International Government / DoD systems experience desirable.
- Proficiency at writing clear and concise language tailored to a wide variety of audiences. Successful candidate will possess excellent technical, interpersonal and customer skills, plus demonstrate the capacity to effectively foster team building within and beyond his/her work group.
- Packaging and performance verification of electrical systems for harsh environments including rugged packaging for transport and mobile applications. Military Systems experience in this area a plus.
- Experience with process improvement in a CMMI and ISO9001 work environment.
- International travel experiences as well as foreign language proficiency a plus.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.