Manager- Data Engineering
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager- Data Engineering
The nAble tech team looking for a technical lead to join our team of passionate software and data engineers in McLean. You should possess deep knowledge and interest across technologies and have a strong background in software and data engineering. In this role,
- You will manage teams of software and data engineers who will build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Spark and streaming data hub
- You will transform complex analytical models in scalable, production-ready solutions
- You will continuously integrate and ship code into our cloud production environments
- You will develop cloud based applications from the ground up using a modern technology stack
- You will work directly with Product Owners and customers to deliver data products in a collaborative and agile environment
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and developing sustainable data driven solutions with current new generation data technologies to drive our business and technology strategies
- Designing robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Leveraging reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Handling multiple functions and roles for the projects and Agile teams
- Managing and mentoring a team of data engineers (both full-time associates and/or third-party resources)
- Providing business, application and technology consulting in feasibility discussions with technology team members and business partners
- Defining, executing and continuously improving our internal software architecture processes
- Being a technology thought leader and strategist
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in Java or Python based software application development.
- At least 3 years of people management experience.
- At least 3 years of Agile experience.
- At least 1 years of experience with Cloud platform (AWS, Google, Azure).
- 5+ years of experience with Data Engineering concepts and building and maintaining Big Data applications using open source software like Spark or Hadoop.
- 4+ years of experience with Software Engineering experience.
- 2+ years experience in Test Driven Development and tools like Cucumber.
- 2+ year of experience in Object-Oriented and Functional programming using languages like Python and Java.
- 2+ years of experience with developing and deploying applications on Cloud, preferably on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 1+ years' experience designing, developing, and implementing APIs.
- 1+ years experience with Configuration management tools like Ansible or Chef.
- 1+ years experience with Familiarity with Application Container concepts using tools like Docker or Kubernetes.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.