Lead Software Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Capital One
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Lead Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly creative and intellectually curious Lead Software Engineer who is passionate about Cloud infrastructure and Public Cloud hosting. As part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's Cloud ecosystem and culture of technical excellence.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
· Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components
· Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with team to find creative solutions, build prototypes & develop deployment strategies, and procedures
· Collaborate with the Line of Business development teams to bring new features and services into production
· Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
· Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams
· Display strong operating system prowess and understanding of cloud security principles
· Perform root cause analysis to assist customers with identifying performance issues and suggest architecture solution optimizing solutions
· We're looking for self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams. Establishing smooth running environments is paramount to your success, and happiness
· Bachelor's Degree or military experience
· At least 3 years' experience working in a Cloud environment
· At least 3 years' experience developing applications using Agile principles
· 3+ years' using cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, or Google Cloud)
· 3+ years' with automation tools for server provisioning and Open Source tools (Ansible, Cobbler, Ironic, Chef, or Chef Metal)
· 2+ years' experience with Linux, server automation, and scripting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.