Bank Supervision and Controls Advisor
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by USAA
- Assists with the development of operating policies and procedures, in accordance with the enterprise risk policies and standards set by independent risk management.
- Tracks a broad range of performance data to monitor each risk area.
- Identifies any deficiencies and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Supports the reporting of accurate and timely risk reports to Business Control Management, independent risk management, internal audit, executive management, and board and management committees.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required
- 4 or more years' experience in a risk management or compliance function within the banking or insurance industry
- 2 years first line of defense experience in surveilling/monitoring financial services transactions
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in Consumer Lending
- 2+ years risk management experience in a Large Bank and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking regulations and compliance
- 2+ years experience in Control Testing and/or Issue Management
- 2+ years experience with risk metrics such as KRIs (Key Risk Indicators) and/or Risk Appetite
- Experience developing comprehensive risk based control plan, developing internal controls and performing control testing and/or audit techniques
- Experience leading product level risk assessments
- CISA, CRCM, CIA, CCSA, CRM or other risk/compliance certifications
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers .
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 06/18/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.