Senior Design Producer
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by USAA
The Senior Design Producer role is intended to steward a design effort from inception through completion. You excel at navigating through a multi-client and multi-project workday in the creation of user-centered experiences, and you are also proactive in finding solutions that help to improve process and project management facilitation for our teams and partners. Learning, listening, implementing and sharing knowledge with teammates is part of what inspires you to come to work every day. You are passionate about the user experience and often find yourself advocating for design thinking throughout your life journey. You enjoy working cohesively with all departments, including design, marketing, I/T, business and content, in order to produce the best possible shopping experience for our members.
Facilitates the creation of complex user experience designs by partnering with business stakeholders to define business requirements. Plans, organizes and manages the design process. Primary deliverables include the information architecture and wireframes for various digital channels (e.g., the web, smart phones, tablets, kiosks, email, desktop, etc.).
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA'S CHIEF DESIGN OFFICE
USAA has been powering innovation with empathy for nearly 100 years. Within the Chief Design Office (CDO), we reaffirm our commitment to build for the future and humanize the digital experience. CDO is comprised of 200+ multi-disciplinary designers, teachers, students, empathizers, explorers, doodlers, and even unicyclists. Spanning three locations (San Antonio, Austin and Plano), we have varied backgrounds across all design disciplines, from self-taught to advanced degrees.
- Facilitates the creation of complex design solutions by participating in defining the business and design requirements, developing an information architecture, and developing wire frames.
- Partners with the designer to create a user interface prototype, and with usability specialists to perform usability testing.
- Coordinates approvals with legal, the business and other stakeholders.
- Facilitates the development or improvement of design processes, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members.
- Resolve design and technical issues through an understanding of the business and design principles.
- Clearly articulates the various facets of the issue and facilitates resolution.
- Contributes to the alignment of member experiences across projects, programs, products and channels.
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of experience in digital design.
- 6 or more years experience in marketing, advertising or digital design to include 3 or more years combined experience in one or more of the following areas: web, smart phone and tablet design production, digital design or equivalent.
- Advanced understanding of user experience design principles.
- Advanced facilitation, negotiation and consensus building skills.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with a diverse group of people.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines.
- Advanced with Microsoft Office and Visio.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- An understanding of user-centered design principles is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative and analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Minimum of 7 years experience within this role in a design or marketing agency environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 03/31/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.