Home Health Aide
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Washington Care Services
Washington Care Services (WCS) is a 4* Star nonprofit skilled nursing facility facility located in the historic Mount Baker neighborhood. We currently have 165 residents requiring 24-hour licensed, medical, respite, wound, and memory, cardiac, and rehabilitative care.
Do you want to work in a fun atmosphere where you are respected and valued? Do you want to work for a company where co-workers are like family? Ultimately it all comes down to teamwork and camaraderie.
* Respond to residents' inquiries for information and assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support WCS's Nursing Department Team. Provide quality nursing care to residents in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice and individuality.
* Interacts with residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
* Provides individualized care that promotes and encourages each resident maintain or attain the highest physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
* Oversees and guides staff in evaluation and planning of the residents 'emotional and psychological needs; ensuring comprehensive action plans to respond to needs.
* Develops understanding of residents' individualized care plan and provides support to the residents according to their care plan.
* Ensure high quality of service by contributing to the care planning process by providing supervisor or other care planning staff with pertinent information, and observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
* Ensure individual needs of residents are met; provides assistance with grooming, bathing, dressing up, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, transferring and ambulation.
* Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies to the supervisor nurse.
* Protects the personal belongings of residents, including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing and others. Promptly reports missing items and participates in efforts to locate missing items.
* Answers residents' call lights promptly and courteously.
* Observes and reports symptoms, reaction and progress of residents.
* Observes and follows facility infection control standards/protocols during the performance of all duties.
* Attends in-service programs and classes.
* Assists with the orientation of new NAC staff to assigned area.
Job Requirements/Education & Licenses
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* NAC certificate from State approved program, and licensed to practice in State of Washington
* No violation in OBRA registry
Position available: Full Time, All Shifts (including Weekends) with 4 on, 2 off schedules
Hours: 6:00am-2:00pm, 2:00p-10:00pm and 10:00pm-6:00pm
$12 - $12 Hourly