OB Surgical Technician
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Yavapai Regional Medical Center
The OB Scrub Technician/Surgical Technician supports the Vision of the Total Healing Environment and the values of respect, integrity, accountability, commitment and quality functioning as a Scrub Technician for specific procedures, including Cesarean Section, C-Hysterectomy and Dilation & Curettage, assessing, planning, anticipating, administering and evaluating the needs of the surgeons. Provides patient care and clerical support for the Family Birthing Center.
- High School graduate or GED
- Six months clinical healthcare experience required; NA/CNA experience preferred
- Must be current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for Healthcare Provider certified
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing providing excellent customer service
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities/tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Basic computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Windows
- Six months previous OB Technician or OR Scrub Technician experience
- Current certification as an Operating Room Technician
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience preferred; Cerner strongly preferred
*Must pass pre-employment screeningCompany Overview
Yavapai Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare provider that offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services. Our healing network includes two full-service acute care hospitals, primary and specialty care clinics, the YRMC Wellness Center and the YRMC Del E. Webb Outpatient Center. YRMC's unmatched continuum of care covers a 5,500 square mile service area and includes cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, a comprehensive Women's Health Pavilion and Arizona's only Patient Blood Management Program. YRMC has earned numerous awards for quality and has earned national recognition as an exceptional provider of care. Our MissionTo provide comprehensive, high quality healthcare consistent with our communities' needs.Our VisionCreating a "Total Healing Environment" wherein the people of YRMC work in partnership with the patients and their families seeking peace of mind and peace of heart as well as physical cures or comfort because we understand the indivisible relationship that exists between body, mind and the human spirit. Our ValuesRespect: Behaving in a way that honors self and others.Integrity: Being consistent and honest in word and deed. Accountability: Following through and being answerable for one's performance.Commitment: Demonstrating dedication to one's work, personal development, the organization, the Mission and the Vision.Quality: Providing service excellence.