Supervisor, Business Analysis
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Wellcare
The Supervisor Business Analysis is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and administering the day-to-day activities and workload of the Business Analysis team in a manner consistent with the organizational mission, standards, and guidelines. Duties include assigning tasks and managing the business analysis aspects of the department's process improvement projects; facilitating open and effective communication within and between management, the business analysis team, other supporting departments and the business. Working with team and peers to identify, root cause and problem solve issues facing the business. Providing operational oversight to ensure analysis is conducted efficiently and results are accurate. The supervisor will work closely with team members, management, peers, and other stakeholders to help improve business processes, and support critical business strategies.
- Organize, prioritize, coordinate, and administer projects for the department.
- Supervise the activities and workload of the business analysis team.
- Make recommendations based on results of analysis, variance from expectations in routine reports and/or research on best practices.
- Provide operational oversight and administration to ensure that the delivery of information meets or exceeds the expected timelines, and that results are validated and accurately support recommendations.
- Monitor and report on the status and progress of project efforts, anticipating and identifying issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Provide first level support, troubleshoot, and maintain routine processes to optimize performance, resolve problems, and provide timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with customers and colleagues to meet expected service levels.
- Motivate, mentor, and lead the business analysis team to achieve high productivity, high quality, and develop effective business solutions.
- Conduct mid-year and annual employee performance reviews.
- Assist with development of Business Analysts
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in business, information technology or related field
- Required or equivalent work experience 2 yrs business information or analytics
- Required 5 years of experience in healthcare with a focus in bussiness analysis and/or process improvement
- Preferred Other Experience working in Medicaid
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to proof large bodies of materials
- Advanced Demonstrated project management skills
- Intermediate Ability to analyze information and covert related activities into a comprehensive work plan
- Intermediate Other Understand healthcare industry and HIPAA regulations, transactions and data sets
- Required Advanced Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS) Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical staff, business users, and customers in order to manage projects and tasks as well as to promote teamwork, communication, and knowledge transfer
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Required Advanced Microsoft Access
- Required Advanced Microsoft Outlook
- Required Advanced Microsoft Word
- Required Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Advanced SQL Server System
- Required Advanced Microsoft Visio
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at . EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.