Business Intell Engineer, Sr
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Wellcare
Individuals within the Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer role work closely with customers and BI Analysts to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. They provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable and is easily accessible. BI professionals educate and train customers to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new form and content for the purpose of analysis and exploring options.The BI Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mart, and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and support the integration of those systems with other applications.
- Collects, analyzes, and shares data to help business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience, and business results.
- Utilizes database and web application technologies to design, develop, and evaluate innovative business intelligence tools and automated reports.
- Designs, develops and tests BI solutions such as databases, data warehouses, queries and views, reports, and dashboards. Performs data conversions,imports, and exports of data within and between internal and external software systems.
- Merges BI platforms with production enterprise systems and applications.
- Enhances the performance of business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and indexes.
- Documents new and existing models, solutions, and implementations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Required or equivalent work experience additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Required 5 years of experience in a data engineer or similar technology related role
- Preferred extensive experience with reporting (building dashboards, KPI, analytical reports)
- Preferred experience with reporting tools like Tableau/Cognos/SSRS/Power BI/SAS
- Preferred experience with SQL
- Required Other internal candidate will require min 4 years of experience in data engineer or similar technology related role
- Preferred 2 years of experience in Healthcare
- Intermediate Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Advanced Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Intermediate Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Intermediate Ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced Other SQL
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Certified Business Intelligence Professional - Practitioner Level SAS Certification
- Required Advanced Tableau/Cognos/SSRS/Power BI/SAS
- Required Advanced SQL
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at . EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.