Contract Management Specialist
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Wellcare
Serves as corporate contracting lead to provide support and ongoing management of the organization's enterprise-wide contract management system, including ongoing contract configuration and maintenance. Drives system and process improvements to meet the organization's business objectives. Supports field contracting strategies and operations.
Location: Tampa, FL
Reports To: Senior Manager Provider Contracts
- Manage the enterprise wide contract management system, including ongoing maintenance efforts, contract configuration, contract templates and alternate language and process flows.
- Serve as corporate contracting subject matter expert. Utilizes contracting experience and enterprise-wide view to provide functional and transactional support to contracting personnel. Drives contracting standards and uses creative problem solving to find win-win solutions to contracting challenges.
- Creates, modifies, and extracts reports and dashboards to communicate key metrics to contracting personnel and leadership team.
- Leads cross-functional workgroups to identify and codify process improvements, standardization opportunities, and key business decisions associated with the implementation of the enterprise-wide contract management system.
- Leads training and education efforts associated with the contract management system including training material development and execution of user training. Serves as point subject matter expert for field-based training staff.
- Provides telephonic support for internal staff. Work internally and with vendor contacts to troubleshoot and resolve business process or system application processes.
- Coordinates ongoing internal user group activities, collect and analyze feedback, and make recommendations to management regarding usability and process improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology/Computer Science, or other hard sciences
- Required Other or additional 2 years of provider contracting, network development or network management experience in place of degree
- Required 2 years of experience in provider contracting, network development or network management
- Preferred Other Emptoris or other contract management software experience
- Preferred Other Relational database or other systems experience
- Preferred Other Systems consulting experience
- Advanced Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Intermediate Other Self starter
- Intermediate Other Strong detail orientation
- Intermediate Other Understanding of regulatory compliance management
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Required Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Access
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Intermediate Other Emptoris or other contract management software
- Preferred Intermediate Other Relational database or other systems experience
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses exclusively on providing government-sponsored managed care services through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs. The company serves approximately 4.4 million members nationwide as of Dec. 31, 2017. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 9,000 associates across the country and was ranked a ''World's Most Admired Company'' in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at . EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age forty (40) and over, disability, veteran status, or national origin.