Business Technical Analyst, Sr
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Wellcare
REPORTS TO: Dir, Reporting and Analytics
LOCATION:TAMPA, FL 33634
- Develops ad-hoc reports to conduct data analysis and validation.
- Confers with area/department to analyze current operational procedures and trends and identify problems.
- Conducts business analysis and recommends technical alternative solutions to management as to course of action that best meets the organization's goals.
- Research, evaluate and assess the financial impact of issues identified in data/processes.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
- Creates multiuser, real-time, robust database solutions.
- Acts as subject matter expert to provide business and technical expertise in requirements solicitation, system analysis, technical design, programming and documentation of business applications/systems.
- May be responsible for monitoring and reporting to management on the status of departmental projects: Anticipates and identifies issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Provides oversight and resolves complex issues, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow-up on identified issues.
- Provides guidance and training to staff on process, procedures and issue resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in technical data analysis, conducting system analysis meetings, developing system design documents, developing project plans with achievable milestones and deadlines, and mediating different department demands to gain approvals on system scope and design is required.
- A Master's degree in a related field, i.e., Mathematics, Computer Science, etc may be considered in lieu of some of the required experience is preferred (not to exceed 2 years)
- 1 year of experience in Healthcare or insurance is preferred
- 4 years of experience writing SQL queries against database platforms such as SQL Server or Oracle is required
- 2 years of experience using business intelligence software to build is dashboards such as Tableau, Qlik, Cognos is required
- 3 years of experience in related business and/or data analysis is required
- 2 years of experience writing SAS programs is preferred
- Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- SQL Server or Oracle is required
- Tableau, SSRS, Qlik, Cognos, (or similar) is preferred
- Statistical Analysis Systems (SAS) is preferred
- Microsoft Access is required
- Microsoft Excel is required
- Microsoft PowerPoint is required
- R or Python for predictive modeling is preferred
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at . EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.