Bilingual-Peer Coach-Customer Service
Posted on Jun 14, 2019 by Wellcare
Reports to: Mgr., Community Help Line
Department: Public Affairs-Advocacy
Location: Phoenix, AZ,
T he Peer Coach operates as part of a cross-functional call center team which connects individuals to social service organizations. Coaches perform a variety of roles such as: handling inbound/outbound phone calls, research and populate meaningful data into the team database, and performing organization audits to ensure the database is up to date.
- Receives inbound phone calls from individuals seeking social service referrals.
- Performs outbound calls to ensure quality of referrals provided.
- Conducts structured interviews to narrow down the team database so appropriate referrals are provided to callers.
- Regularly audits current database entries to ensure organization information is up to date.
- Researches Internet for community organizations and events to expand database entries.
- Identifies and communicates resource gaps in the database.
- Schedules transportation to doctor's appointments for select WellCare members.
- Performs concierge services such as updating addresses, searching for covered providers, requesting ID cards, setting appointment, and quotes co-pay amounts for a select population of WellCare members.
- Maintains a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude towards callers.
- Responds promptly to caller inquiries.
- Keeps record of caller interactions and accurately completes data entry into designated systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Communicates and coordinates efforts with team as necessary
- Maintains strict confidentiality of member information according to HIPAA and WellCare policies.
- Required A High School or GED
- Preferred 6 months of experience in Customer service, call center environment, social services organization
- Intermediate Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Other Demonstrated ability to show empathy, understanding, and positivity as appropriate in a variety of situations
- Intermediate Other Ability to control tone and effectively communicate over the phone
- Intermediate Other Demonstrated ability to take ownership of assigned priorities
A license in one of the following is required:
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Outlook
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Excel
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft Word
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a "World's Most Admired Company" in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at . EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.