Posted on Jun 15, 2019 by Colas
The road to your future starts with Midland
Since 1854, Barrett Industries has been a leader in providing infrastructure solutions throughout the United States. Through our subsidiary companies, including Midland, we serve everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, and pavement preservation.
Midland upholds the highest standards of Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Ethical Conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We operate through various companies in the Northeast and the Midwest. We are strong, stable, and growing.
"We Build the Roads You Travel"
Midland Asphalt Materials Inc. a subsidiary of Barrett Industries Corporation, provides advanced pavement preservation solutions for our customers' needs. We are currently looking for a Mechanic for our Tonawanda, NY facility. This position performs fleet maintenance duties by maintaining and repairing vehicles and equipment. This includes a full range of repairs and maintenance: electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and diesel engine.
- Road tests, inspects and troubleshoots heavy duty trucks and equipment to assess condition and diagnose repairs
- Tunes, repairs and performs limited overhaul of diesel engines
- Fabricates special parts and up fits new equipment
- Adjusts, repairs, replaces and/or rebuilds carburetors and fuel injection systems
- Installs, troubleshoots, adjusts, replaces, repairs, and rewires electrical systems and components, such as ignitions, signals, lights, and electrical controls, including computer controlled components
- Repairs and rebuilds hydraulic and pneumatic apparatus
- Adjusts, disassembles, and repairs or rebuilds drum and disc braking systems, valves, master cylinders, and pneumatic or other hydraulic controls
- Repairs and replaces suspension and steering components
- Adjusts and/or repairs automatic and manual transmissions, differentials, power-take-off drives, clutches, and related drive train components
- Uses welding and cutting equipment to make repairs or modify equipment
- Assists other technicians with jobs requiring more than one person
- Orders materials and supplies required for maintenance and repair work
- Keeps records of work performed, time and materials used by job
- Performs on-site field repairs to stationary or disabled equipment
- Additional duties as assigned by lead mechanic
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- 1-2 years' experience or degree in Heavy Equipment, Truck and Diesel Technology in lieu of experience is preferred
- Ability to work overtime during the summer season
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Midland at or send an e-mail to: .
Midland will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .