Posted on Jun 15, 2019 by Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc.
Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Project Engineer to join our exciting new pet food business at our headquarters in Franklin, TN. Who is Red Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets are family. We believe that they deserve good food made with wholesome and balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our commitment to quality ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in the U.S. which makes us all proud of our company and the pets we ultimately feed.
Purpose of Role
The Project Manager is responsible for the design and installation of projects across multiple sites. This will require the ability to work across multiple segments (Dry and Care & Treats) and all aspects of engineering functional areas. The Project Manager is an active member of the technical team and project team(s). The Project Manager is responsible for deploying his/her engineering know-how to successfully execute and deliver projects to the business. The will be responsible for managing all aspects of multiple projects up to $10M each in value.
- Provide innovative Engineering solutions that drive a competitive advantage
- Ensure delivery of assigned objectives for scope, time, budget, and cash flow
- Ensure priorities are aligned with overall project priorities
- Communicate with the Technical Leadership Team to ensure project objectives are achieved
- Seek and apply appropriate technology to gain and a sustain technical competitive advantage
- Support initiatives that shorten new product and project cycle times
- Seek and support lean ways of working and apply lean principles in the engineering process and as a project deliverable
- Understand and make decisions to improve business measurements such as IRR, EBITA and FATR etc.
- Continuously improve technical knowledge
- Key member and contributor of the CVS Team
- Actively participate in the development of engineering standards and tools
- Support safety, security and environmental policies
- Contribute innovative ideas to provide sustained technical competitive advantage
- Identify, protect and expand intellectual property of corporation
- Maximize asset utilization through value added engineering and lean design
- Support project objectives and challenge activities not aligned with those objectives
- Effectively monitor and improve a safe work environment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Proven deep understanding of engineering priciples - knowledge of engineering disciplines: Process, Packaging, Electrical/Controls, Construction or Utilities
- In-depth understanding of project management
- Team skills - high performance team experience
- Good communication, listening and influencing skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Innovative thinking
- Delivers Consistent Results
- Creates Collaborative Relationships
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Innovation Management
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Organizational Agility
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Integrity & Trust
- Peer Relationships
- Personal Learning
- 50% Travel
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- 5+ years experience in a comparable technical position - food, beverage, pharmaceutical or related industry preferable. Experience working in manufacturing facility a plus
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or MBA
Red Collar Pet Foods is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.