Field Service Technician
Posted on Jun 17, 2019 by Ecolab
As the industry leader in water technology, we're growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world's most vital resource.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Field Service Technician to join its industry leading sales and service team. You'll partner with Sales Representatives on executing service plans in strategic district accounts and providing customers with problem solving support. You'll also assist District Sales Representatives with launching new applications in current customer accounts and in transitioning competitively-held accounts to Nalco Water. This position requires you to install, maintain and calibrate chemical feed equipment and process monitoring equipment.
What's in it For You:
- You'll join a growth company offering a competitive pay and benefits
- A company vehicle and cell phone
- A long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management
- Access to the industry's most innovative training programs
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Install, calibrate and maintain water treatment equipment
- Provide routine service and support regarding reverse osmosis, membranes, chemical feed, etc.
- Assist Sales Representatives with start-ups of new applications in both existing customers and in new accounts
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
- Execute required chemistry tests, log and report data, and maintain product inventories at customer accounts
- Territory covers about a 200-300 mile radius of the surrounding area
- Targeted accounts are within the institutional and industrial marketplace
- 4-5 nights of overnight travel required per month
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you're prepared to solve any customer problem.
Training programs are held in the field and at Nalco Water Headquarters in Naperville, IL; travel is arranged and paid for by Nalco Water. Based on your skill level and experience, topics covered may include technology, product, service, business and industry acumen, direct coaching and mentoring, sales management and leadership, classroom training and certifications.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions;
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear;
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam.
- Associate's degree or trade school certification
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.