Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 17, 2019 by CV-Library
£33,000 - £36,000 Per Annum
Our client have got a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team near Oxford!
* Produce 3D-CAD models of designs and supporting design documentation.
* Produce component design drawings for manufacture.
* Produce assembly drawings and build documentation.
* Manage and implement Engineering Change requests.
* Identify opportunities and implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of the product and customer requirements, fabrication processes, assembly methods and product design.
* Work closely with the Director of Operations to liaise with existing and new suppliers on all aspects of manufacturing, manufacturing improvements and cost reduction.
* Design, install and assist with the maintenance of in-house test equipment.
* Help to identify and resolve product and process related issues with corrective and preventative actions.
* Manage Bills of Materials for new and existing products within the Sage Production system.
* Create and maintain process and operating procedures and work instructions for new and existing products.
* Work with the other members of the Development team on maintaining the Parts database.
* Lead Engineering Change and product engineering meetings and produce timely and accurate information, proposals and recommendations.
* Coach and mentor production technicians on new products and production processes.
Our client is looking for someone with:
* A degree level or equivalent Mechanical or design engineering qualification.
* 3D CAD modelling experience.
* Good practical and mechanical skills, engineering and process knowledge.
* An understanding of Bill of Material and product structure.
* Experience testing and experimenting with prototypes.
* Experience of working within a high-tech multi-disciplined environment.
* Good knowledge of GD&T
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
* The ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 22 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirements to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you
£35k - £37k Annual
£30k - £37k Annual
£30 - £35 Annual
£35k - £42k Annual
£33k - £38k Annual
£25k - £32k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£25k - £45k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual