Project Engineer 1
Posted on Jun 18, 2019 by Colas
BLUE DIAMOND MATERIALS
UNITED ROCK PRODUCTS
Employment with Sully-Miller Contracting Co.
If you're motivated, dedicated and looking for a challenging career in the construction industry, it's time to join the Sully-Miller team. Great employees made us the industry leader.
A workplace where people can grow
We strive above all to offer a work environment that interests, challenges and motivates. This includes opportunities to grow, competitive salaries and benefits, and a workplace culture that values the contributions of each individual. These human resource practices explain why many employees have been with Sully-Miller for decades.
Assist in the management of project(s) by means of cost management and analysis, scheduling, billings and project management. Perform field and office engineering, administrative and technical duties.
- Ensure a safe project site and work environment in accordance with Sully Miller policy, participate with Goal Zero principles
- Assist Superintendent(s) and project managers with project operations, schedules, and cost management
- Analyze project(s) costs through time sheets, weekly quantities and job cost reports
- Verify and approve vendor payables, track vendor quantities through timesheets and physical accounting
- Assist in producing monthly billing estimates for agency and subcontractors
- Assist with the development of project(s) long term and short term schedule
- Communicate with agency(s), superintendent(s), subcontractor(s), foremen, estimator(s)
- Attend pre-job and weekly meetings with agencies/owners
- Coordinate subcontractor/vendors in accordance with project schedule
- Establish and maintain both cost report and billing quantities
- Assist the Project Manager with extra work billings and claims issues
- Assist the Project Manager with final pay quantities, claims, and project closeout procedures
- Manage positions that may report to the project engineer (project clerk, project engineer intern)
- Compile all submittals and RFIs, review against the contract documents and submit to the owner. Receive all returned documents and distribute appropriately
- 4 year degree in Civil Engineering / Construction Management or Equivalent Experience or Combination
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in road construction or related field
- Computer Skills: Excel, Word, JD Edwards, Heavy Job, Suretrack, P3-P6
- Knowledge of Caltrans & Greenbook Specifications
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans
- Valid California driver's license, clean driving record
- Excellent math and communication skills
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Good organizational skills
- Talk and hear
- Use hands and fingers
- Stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands
- Climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch
- See well (either naturally or with correction)
- Must be able to drive Company vehicle
- Ability to walk on uneven surface
- Ability to speak on telephone/radio
- Comply and abide by Sully-Miller Contracting Company's Code of Ethics at all times during employment with the Company
- Align your own vision with the larger goals of the Company, and become a guardian of the Company's Core Values
- Use continuous improvement as a tool to improve process, performance, safety and quality, including looking for ways to eliminate waste
- Work as a Team to make things happen
Sully-MIller Contracting Co. is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions),immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here .
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Sully-Miller Contracting Co. at or send an e-mail to: .
Sully-Miller Contracting Co. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .