Director of Nursing
Posted on Jun 18, 2019 by Careminders Home Care- Omaha, NE
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the total care and services delivered to clients. The DON is accountable for all caregiver hiring, competency testing, training, supervision and compliance with standards of the Franchisor including those associated with Joint Commission, rules and regulations of the state and licensure requirements as it relates to the services delivered. Primary duties include: clinical management and oversight, the safe and effective delivery of services, improved quality, reduction of risks associated with patient care, coordinating effective communication with caregivers and others to assure accurate flow of information; assessments, assignment of caregivers based on identified skill set; supervision and training.
Bachelor's Degree preferred in nursing with a RN license in good standing in the state.
All Directors and Supervising Nurses must complete the 60 hour classroom training course required by the Franchisor (except
as an alternate). In addition, all Directors must complete any state mandated training required in accordance
with state rules and regulations.
* The registered nurse must have a minimum of one year ( 12 months) of supervisory experience in homecare and preferred experienceof at least three years in an administrative/management role in a health care setting preferably dealing with senior care.
* Knowledgeable in regulations of Medicare, Medicaid Waiver, and State programs for all services available in the homecare industry.
* Experience with Joint Commission accreditation standards is a strong plus.
* Experience with quality programs, infection control, safety or emergency management preferred.
* Strong clinical skills and experience in a home care environment, preferably with a certified agency.
* Strong presentation and communication skill both verbal and written.
* Experience in hiring, training and supervising clinical staff and other duties associated with human resources and maintaining personnel records.
* Experience in auditing and maintaining clinical records in compliance with state, federal and quality rules and regulations and in compliance with franchisor standards and policies and procedures.
* Strong analytical, problem-resolution, decision-making skills coupled with results orientation.
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Ability to work with all levels of management.
* Ability to accurately manage a large volume of information to meet deadlines.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Proven record of compliance with rules and regulations and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for implementing and supervising all policies and procedures of the Franchisor and rules associated with home care delivery and administratively supervises all delivery of care.
* Builds strong relationships with referral sources in community and with caregivers.
* Spearheads the effort to get CareMinders Home Care name into the community and regarded as the best in the business. Assures that information released to the public is accurate and timely.
* Educates the community, clients and families on services available
Must maintain focused follow-up and consistency in meeting with referral sources and others in the
Ability to manage and coordinate a client's needs using a case management approach; responsible for the
safe and effective delivery of care while minimizing risks associated with the care.
Accountable for the appropriate and timely documentation of client records, personnel reco
rds and financial records. The Director reviews and assures accuracy of all client care and service delivery documentation.
Recruits, hires, and trains caregivers and coordinates and develops relationships with staff to assure all clients admitted have adequate staff in accordance with their service plan or Plan of Treatment. Ensures staffing ratios are maintained in accordance with Policy.
Ensures all staff are adequately trained and evaluated in accordance with policy, procedure and rules and
Is a member of the Quality and Performance Improvement Committee and is responsible for all aspects of
this program including the customer satisfaction survey process, infection control, staff and client safety, emergency management and overal l improvement of the outcomes of patient care.
Provides client care services as needed when qualified. Serves on-call as necessary to ensure coverage 24/7.
Works cooperatively with other CareMinders Home Care franchise offices
Must comply with Franchisor rules, standards, policies and procedures.
Any other duties as may be assigned.
* Performs job duties in compliance with Federal, State and local Rules and Regulations and Company and Franchisor standards, policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of client information in compliance with State and Federal lawincluding HIPAA.
* Adheres to and demonstrates CareMinders Home Care culture and core values as defined in the Code of Conduct.
* Must demonstrate a stable, drug free background with no criminal record.
* Must have a safe driving record as evidence by a DMV
* Protects the confidential nature of brand specific information.
The described physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing this job, an individual would be required to sit,
stand for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk and hear, bend and stoop. The
employee must be able to lift or move at least 25 pounds of weight. Vision requirements include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.