Posted on Jun 18, 2019 by CHI St. Alexius Health
Essential Key Job Responsibilities 1. Consistently keeps assigned Operating Room clean and orderly; supplies and equipment are returned to proper stock point.
2. Sets up, maintains and monitors the sterile field assures the highest standards of sterile technique are maintained during the procedure.
3. Communicates with RN, accepts and follows through with delegated assignments.
4. Provides assistance to physicians, patients, anesthesia, staff, family members, and visitors as necessary.
5. Performs counts in collaboration with the RN prior to start of case, at appropriate intervals and according to policy.
6. Participates actively in the Time-out process and remains still throughout the process.
7. Passes instruments to surgeon during the procedure.
8. Anticipates surgeons needs during the procedure.
9. Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
10. Assures all medications and solutions are labelled and delivered safely.
11. Performs other duties assigned by Director or Clinical Supervisor.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Associate degree from an approved school of Surgical Technology preferred.
Required Licensure and Certifications
Must be registered on the North Dakota Board of Nursing Unlicensed Assistive Persons (UAP) Registry. Must be a Certified Surgical Technician or gain your CST within 90 days of employment.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience: No previous experience required, other than clinical lab with schooling.
Skills : Ability to organize assignments and work under pressure. Basic Life Support Certification within 480 hours of employment and meets re-certification as required.
Interpersonal Skills: Good communication skills are necessary because of constant communication, both oral and written, with patients, families, visitors, and medical center staff. Able to perform effectively in emergency and stressful situations.
- Requisition ID:
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Rotating
- Market: CHI St. Alexius Health