Regional Maintenance Technician
Posted on Jun 18, 2019 by Ecolab
Join Ecolab's industry leading Food & Beverage team as a Technical Service Representative. We are increasing food safety and product quality, enhancing sustainability and boosting operational efficiency. We provide cleaning and sanitation solutions to food, beverage, and dairy manufacturing environments through a dual focus on sales and technical service/consultation to new and existing customers. As strong business partners, Ecolab works with customers to develop sanitation plan and programs, evaluate processes and procedures, troubleshoot technical issues and identify and implement operational efficiencies.
This candidate will manage accounts on the Oahu and Hawaii islands.
Reporting to an F&B AVP, a Technical Service Representative is responsible to provide plant support for multiple customers as assigned across the region, including timely installation and preventative maintenance support of Ecolab owned and maintained programs and equipment. This is to assure continued effectiveness of the Ecolab equipment and systems and other related equipment utilized for the application of Ecolab antimicrobials within these systems and other systems. Also provide emergency support as required. In addition to support of Antimicrobial programs/systems, the Technical Service Rep will be responsible for assisting the region with other technical service support for F&B Cleaning & Sanitation programs.
The impact of errors or omissions made by a TSR will affect plant operations and efficiencies by equipment failures and shutting down production lines. Decisions, assessments, and guidance have potential implications toward additional costs being incurred due to poor judgment and may have budgetary impact to the F&B.
- Assist Account Manager's sent out from F&B District Manager's in new equipment installations and updates, customer training, component and device rebuilds
- Manage and respond to emergency system problems within Food and Beverage accounts when needed
- Manage, schedule and perform regular support calls, covering multi-state radius, maximizing the performance of equipment and chemistry which will enable customer's plant to operate at optimum efficiency, scheduling in other divisional or contractual resources as needed. Work done in each plant must be managed within limited time frames to assure uninterrupted plant operations
- Promote the value of the Ecolab Antimicrobial chemistry, service and business model in support of sales growth within the customer's organization while constantly preserving good customer relations
- Work and communicate effectively with both internal associates (F&B Engineering Group, corporate accounts, and Field Sales/Service) on additional equipment requests from the plants, and external customers (Maintenance, Operations and Quality Assurance personnel) in the plants
- Effectively monitoring and handling of replacement devices as well as replacing defective and/or worn devices from field stock or site inventory. Maintain inventory at minimum level as necessary for effective execution of regular and emergency calls at the sites as well as a store for the site personnel to pull from to assist with minor repairs to insure as high of up-time performance as possible
- Generate and provide meaningful reports for each site visit documenting service and value-added support, and distribute to customer and F&B Field Sales/Service Requires frequent travel, including weekends and shift work
- All service work must be handled in the safest manner possible using safety equipment and procedures to meet Ecolab criteria as well as that of the plants in which the work is performed
- Other duties as assigned
- Cleaning & Sanitation program support will include, but not limited to, the following key activities in support of Field Sales/Service Account Managers:
- Conduct Cleaning Verifications
- Support large plant start ups
- Install and maintain tank level monitoring equipment
- Assist with product conversions (i.e. wet lube to dry lube)
- Support the installation of plant level equipment (i.e. Quadexx)
- Perform basic service fundamentals like inventory, order placement, titrations, etc.
- Associate degree in electronics or instrumentation strongly preferred, or at a minimum equivalent experience in areas listed
- Ability to travel throughout the Midwest at least 75% of the time
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Technical training, TIG welding skills and construction background also a plus
- Experience involving process equipment within the food industries or similar a plus
- Ability to listen and work with many levels of Ecolab associates and plant personnel
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Computer skills required Microsoft Word and Excel along with company specific programs
Sit : Occurs on a frequent basis throughout the shift. Sitting would occur mainly while driving to and from appointments, while completing paperwork in the office and while conducting meetings with customers.
Stand : Occurs on a frequent basis, for varying lengths of time, while conducting repairs, Maintenance and assessing the equipment and systems.
Walk : Occurs on a frequent basis while moving to and from the vehicle for conducting customer calls, while performing Maintenance and while meeting with customers.
Climb : Occurs on a frequent basis while moving to and from the vehicle and around the sites to conducting repairs and while meeting with customers. The types of items required to be climbed could include steps, ladders, or platforms and surfaces vary and may be carpeted, tiled, concrete or grating.
Lifting : Occurs when carrying a brief/computer case or a tool case on a daily basis.
The TSR position requires a medium degree of strength. The amount of lifting / carrying associated with this work is as follows:
100 pounds maximum - installing repair type equipment;
50 pounds to move a suit case or travel tool box
10-30 pounds frequently - computer bag, manuals, tool bag, or components
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.