Process Engineer - Carlow
Posted on Jun 18, 2019 by CK GROUP
Our client has a long history of pushing the boundaries of science in order to help fight some the worlds most urgent global health challenges. This role is based at a state of the art biologics operation where they formulate and fill vaccines and biologic products.
The role, will be working at our clients site in Brinny which is situated in Cork in South West Ireland. The site is just 30 minutes drive from the centre of Cork and is accessible by bus too.
The Process Engineer is responsible for introducing new processes and/or products (product transfer). The Process Engineer will develop and transfer knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, Change Management and Inclusion. Steer and/or participate in cross-functional investigations on problems/deviations-including defining corrective and preventive actions. Identify, analyze and prioritize technical or business related processes improvement-opportunities and problems. Initiate and coordinate improvements for technical or business processes, systems and behaviors. Contribute to a data driven decision making process, ensure effective application of LeanSixSigma and Change Management tools by leading projects, facilitating kaizens and coaching sponsors and practitioners. Works with moderate work direction and is skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
Key Responsibilities include to:
- Provide technical leadership and supports execution of EHS policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all safety, quality, environment and financial goals for a campaign are addressed.
- Participate in and closure of HAZOP recommendations.
- Monitor campaign performance (safety, quality, environment and financial) to campaign objectives and take action as appropriate.
- Ensure that all process atypical events are thoroughly investigated, root cause identified and eliminated. Deviations should be closed in a timely manner.
- As requested provide training and mentoring to new engineers.
- Identify and implement improvements in processes and business systems utilizing LSS tools and problem solving techniques.
- Maintain process knowledge retention files for assigned processes and actively utilise Knowledge Management VTN system.
- Technical Support for Process, Engineering & Maintenance lead for Engineering issues.
- Engineering support for Manufacturing and Process issues.
- Research business and technical issues to establish what is being done and where improvements are possible.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and trade shows, reviewing professional publications and analyzing new trends.
- Generate capital equipment appropriations required for new process implementation or facilities and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
- Provide technical leadership of cross functional teams on many different projects/ process improvements and resolves inter-functional issues.
- Ensure the documentation of project and program activities and deliverables.
- Manage project team members during project execution.
- Manage multiple outside vendors and contractors.
- Hold a third level qualification in Process Engineering, or equivalent Engineering or Science discipline.
- GMP and cGMP experience.
- Experience with Change Control, Plant layout & design, Plant processing & equipment.
- Experience with Safety and Environmental procedures, documentation systems, business process re-engineering and Quality Policies and Procedure.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Trackwise.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45750 in all correspondence.