Technical Application Engineer (Pre-Sales Support)
Posted on Jun 18, 2019 by CV-Library
They are currently looking for a Technical Application Engineer to join their team in Essex and work with their Customer, Sales and Engineering team to provide the optimum solution required for the service over satellite.
The Technical Application Engineer will:
• Work with the Engineering and Sales team to provide Pre and Post-sales customer support.
• Create product portfolio and technology presentations for support purposes.
• Assist customers with high-level network design.
• Assist with the creation of tender documentation.
• Create customer training course material and present training to customers at their site.
• Set up customer/trade show demonstrations and hands-on equipment demonstrations
• Assist the Sales Team to help increase the company profile in the satellite industry by writing media articles, whitepapers, etc.
In addition, the Technical Application Engineer may:
• Assist with the specification of high-level product requirements.
• Assist with the specification and creation of product manuals and datasheets.
• Assist with business development, pre and post sales in support of the Sales team around the world.
• Identify technical partners & technology suppliers for strategic alliance.
• Offer technical evangelism, explaining complex technology to customers in a way that they can understand.
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to have previous customer support experience within a relevant engineering environment, including knowledge of the satellite industry and knowledge of satellite modems (e.g. forward error correction, modulation and demodulation, satellite framing, DVB-S2/S2X, advanced signal processing techniques, bandwidth saving techniques). You will also have knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols and network management.
This role will require the jobholder to travel to customers’ sites, trade shows and exhibitions as necessary.
Technical Application Engineer
£40-50k per annum
Key Skills: Application Engineer, Technical Support, Customer Support, Sales Support, Satellite, Communication, Modems, Amplifiers, Signal Processing, Bandwidth, TCP/IP, Networking, Network.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK without the need for employer sponsorship.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy