Posted on Jun 19, 2019 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: Data Architect
Position Type: Contract
Location: Hague, Netherlands
Data Architecture ensures that the business value of IT solutions and of enterprise data is maximized by applying knowledge of the business needs and opportunities, the business processes, the existing portfolio of IT applications, and the current and emerging technology and IT service capabilities, but most of all, the actual data used by all of these. They support and enable the execution of the Strategy and Plans for the Portfolio of applications.
The individual in this position is accountable for the delivery, consultancy and assurance for all Data Architecture in selected business segments, and for planning, coordinating and steering any resources that are required to do so. The assignment of segments may change, but are usually within one of the following areas: Global Functions, Downstream, Upstream and P&T/subsurface.
The Data Architect will be expected to work the relationship angle as well as be the designer. This involves managing relationships with key stakeholders like the Data Management (I&D, TDM, FOD), Information & Data Definition Owners, business facing DV, Competency Centre managers, IM & IT managers, business analysts, business process Owners, Programme and Project managers, and other Architects (solution/segment).
Additional accountabilities are as follows:-
- Drive and manage the development and maintenance of the data architecture artifacts according to the data architecture standards, for any and all solution or segment architecture, including roadmap, data models, mastership, and utilization for the data within the business
- Identify and propose potential data model and data integration changes and improvements, including decommissioning systems and master data management solutions, data services.
- Work directly with Portfolio Mgt, the Business Interface IM/IT managers and Project/Business IT teams to implement the target portfolio and address data architecture issues in the portfolio.
- Excellent Datamodelling skills, and a solid understanding of what makes a robust and scalable data architecture are a must
- Solid understanding of technologies involved in data management is required (data base management systems, data services, etc.)
- Experience and good skills in business and IM/IT requirements gathering and business analysis
- Experience and skills in developing artifacts for all architecture domains: ie phase A-E of TOGAF ADM
- Interest to work business segment wide as well as specific capability (solution) focused.
- Good understanding of and affinity with the Shell business is preferred
Skills & Requirements:
The core IT competences required for this Job Profile can be found on theLearning for your Job Profile page on My Career in IT.
- Deliverable-oriented with focus on results. Doer/hands-on attitude.
- Organized and methodical. Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan though coping with a level of uncertainty and risk.
- Rigorous, thorough and with a taste for detail.
- Experience in a multi-disciplined IT environment with strong expertise in Data Analysis and Modeling.
- Experienced, global, virtual team worker
- Leadership & negotiating skills and ability to drive change using influence and networking
- Ability to build a shared vision and able to communicate well
- Knowledge of all architecture aspects and keen to stay up to date with key developments in IT - affinity with the other Enterprise Architecture domains (process, applications, infrastructure, security, ...)
- Experience with E-R modelling
- Experience with System Architect is a plus
If you want to grab this opportunity then I would request you to send me your latest updated CV on (see below) and contact me.