Posted on Jun 20, 2019 by CV-Library
Applications are invited for the post of Financial Controller for Inspire Multi Academy Trust.
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership and advice on strategy in relation to all aspects of Finance.
* To act as a professional adviser to the Trustees on Trust finance issues, including researching and communicating all statutory and legal changes.
* To ensure that the Trust’s financial viability is secure, firmly based on accurate analysis, the optimum use of resources and the generation of sufficient surplus funding to meet development needs.
* To develop financial accountant functions of the Trust, in line with DfE, ESFA, Companies House and Charity Commission requirements.
* To ensure the financial sustainability of the Trust.
* To provide guidance, training and support to the School Business Managers on all financial matters.
* To promote a culture of continuous improvement within all finance processes and transactions.
* To promote the vision and ethos of InMAT.
Trust Duties and responsibilities
* To work in conjunction with the Executive Leadership Team of the Trust.
* To act as Chief Financial Officer to ensure that all requirements of the DfE, the EFSA and the Academies Financial Handbook are met, and work with the Accounting Officer, as required, (note CEO acts as Accounting Officer).
* To plan and prepare annual budgets in liaison with budget holders, as appropriate, and to prepare and present the year-end consolidated accounts to the Board (year-end accounts to be produced by the Trust’s accountants).
* To work with the School Business Managers to ensure the production of monthly financial reports and to produce timely, accurate and appropriate records and financial forecasts for the Trust.
* To liaise with external auditors and ensure that financial policy and procedures are carried out in line with EFSA and audit advice.
* Regularly reconcile the Trust’s financial management system.
* Develop and to keep up to date the management accounting systems for the Trust and its schools.
* Provide support and training to the School Business Managers as appropriate.
* Use financial management information, especially benchmarking tools, to identify relative spending, assess trends and directly advise the Board accordingly.
* Contribute to the development and review of a 3-year strategic business plan ensuring objectives are linked to the overall long term financial plan of the Trust.
* To ensure that the Trust’s long term financial stability is secure, so that the plans for the Trust and for individual schools are soundly based to deliver the required outcomes for pupils.
* To advise the Trust Board of the proposed budgets and of any plans for the Trust and its individual schools.
* To establish effective systems for financial allocation and ensure prompt and effective action is taken to address any risks to the financial viability of the Trust or of individual schools.
* To advise the Trust Board on progress against allocated budgets and plans and to take action as necessary to maintain the drive for effective delivery and improvement within overall financial resources.
* To develop and maintain effective relationships with the Department for Education (DfE), Education Funding Skills Council (ESFA), Regional Schools Commissioners (RSCs), local authorities, headteachers and Local Academy Committees. Collaborating with them to research and bid for additional funding. Assist the COO with the financial monitoring of projects that are agreed.
* To work with the CEO and COO to ensure that new academies joining the Trust have had thorough due diligence carried out around all aspects of their finances.
* Attendance at Board/Finance/Audit meetings.
* To line manage a part-time Finance Administrator.
* Complete any other financial tasks as reasonably directed by Trustees.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
* Substantial experience of managing significant financial resources.
* Experience of producing and presenting complex management accounts.
* Experience of using an accounting package.
* Experience of managing staff and working as part of a team.
Excellent communication and team building skills.
Relevant professional qualifications in finance and accountancy – AAT, CIMA or ACCA qualified or equivalent.
Hours of work: 37 hours
The post is subject to safe recruitment practices. The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and visitors to share in this commitment. All the necessary checks will be taken prior to employment commencing.
Closing date for applications: 12.00 noon on 3 June 2019
Interview date: 12 June 2019
Start date: 1 August 2019 (or sooner if possible)
£25k - £30k Annual
£48k - £50k Annual
£75k - £75k Annual
£300 - £350 Daily
£250 - £300 Daily
£50k - £60k Annual
£65k - £85k Annual