Posted on Jun 21, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Join our family of dedicated, highly skilled Surgical Technologists at the newest addition to Ascension St. Vincent's Clay. Ascension St. Vincent's Clay is a 106-bed hospital that boasts state-of-the-art technology with well-designed efficiency. The newness and strategic plan of the facility resonates in every area. If you are looking for an environment that combines high touch with high tech, then Ascension St. Vincent's Clay is just what you are looking for.
Why Choose Us?
Our team is like a family. We support physicians who care about our career development and work hard to mentor the team. There is a clear career path for those that want to continue learning with perks that include:
· Tuition reimbursement
· Free study materials
· Certification pay (8 hours)
· Flexible scheduling
· Extra income opportunities
What you will do
In this role, you will facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures within the operating suite. As a valuable member of the O.R. team, your expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic techniques and your combined knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies are used to facilitate a successful operation.
- Our Surgical Technologists are responsible for :
Preparing the surgical operating suite with sterile drapes, sterile solutions, the appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Handing required/requested instruments and supplies to the surgeon during surgery.
- Assisting with patient preparation, transportation, positioning and draping.
- Maintaining instruments in an organized manner and continuously monitor/track instruments counts throughout procedures.
No two days are the same for our surgical technologists as each patient and procedure will vary from the next. Surgeries can take twists and turns, which means you'll need to stay on your toes and be prepared for whatever happens. These high-pressure scenarios make for an exciting daily experience and will keep you on-the-move all day long.
What You Will Need
· Associate degree or Technical degree required.
· Operating room experience preferred.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)