Technical Sales Engineer
Posted on Jun 21, 2019 by CV-Library
Company: Working for a successful & profitable company, T/O £3.5m in it’s own right and seated within a global switchgear manufacturing business, due to company growth the business requires an experienced Technical Sales Engineer to be office based and work closely with the technical and engineering Consultants on RFQ’s, existing key account management and working closely with the Sales Director in advising precise costings for quotation and offering technical advise to new & existing customers regarding mainly Low Voltage applications & sub-assemblies.
The company are enjoying good business in-roads servicing mainly the NHS, Education facilities, Schools & Universities and Government buildings.
As Sales Engineer this is an excellent opportunity to progress further into Sales Management.
* Produce quotations as appropriate, and to customer expectations.
* Produce estimated Bills of Material, for quotation purposes.
* Provide accurate lead time estimates.
* Construct commercial and technical documentation for inclusion in quotations.
* Identify and develop new business opportunities
* Respond to customer enquiries and any further questions arising from quotations.
* Review actual costs against estimated costings.
* Load sales orders and update information.
* Create new customer accounts in Sage.
* Respond to customer requests for progress updates on current orders.
* Transmit documents to customers for review and/or approval.
* Host Factory Acceptance Tests.
* Liaise with Engineering and Quality.
* Assist with sales forecasting
* Assist with internal audits.
* Assist with developing new procedures and systems.
* Be aware of potential supplier price increases, and negotiate to minimise the impact on company costs.
* Liaise with new suppliers during the product implementation or existing product improvements.
* Record customer communications.
* Essential – Previous sales experience.
* Desirable – previous experience in a similar Technical, Commercial, Contracts or Projects role.
* Desirable – AutoCAD or 3D CAD for interpreting technical drawings
Planning and Delivery:
* Able to plan, co-ordinate and assign tasks effectively.
* Personal commitment to ensuring that products are delivered at the planned cost, quality standard and at the agree delivery date.
Communications and influencing:
* Communicate effectively with both colleagues and management.
* Take the lead and have the ability to influence colleagues.
* Assertive, accurate, confident and precise.
* Willingness to take control, and lead from the front.
Teamwork and personal impact:
* Consult with team and other experts as and when required.
Key Words: “Sales Engineer”, “Technical Sales Engineer”, “sales Manager”, “Project Engineer”, “Contracts Engineer”, “Applications Engineer”, “Design Engineer”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Sierra 57 Consult –
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist – Engineering
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra 57 Consult has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles
£25k - £25k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual
£24k - £25k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£30k - £32k Annual
£30k - £36k Annual
£27k - £32k Annual
£43k - £47k Annual
£28k - £36k Annual