Director of Nursing, Emergency Services
Posted on Jun 25, 2019 by Hackensack Meridian Health
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Raritan Bay Medical Center, a four time Magnet designated hospital, located in Middlesex County, NJ, has an opening for the Director of Nursing, Emergency Services. This position has oversight of two campuses, Perth Amboy and Old Bridge. The EDs see about 75,000 visits per year. The director maintains 24-hour accountability to plan, manage and evaluate patient care delivery and evidence-based nursing practice on a specialized patient care area. Exhibits efficiency, flexibility and creativity to manage resources in response to changing patient and unit needs.
- Accountable for the delivery of evidence-based nursing care according to nursing policies and procedures. Guides the nursing staff to use the nursing process
- Monitors patient's clinical outcomes and customer satisfaction with care and provides timely interventions and corrective actions as indicated
- Plans for hospital policies and current legislation and serves as a nursing resource for staff when presented with ethical issues and end-of-life decisions
- Monitors nursing staff performance in the handling of advance directives, informed consents, and power of attorney issues
- Responsible for the operating budget on an on-going basis
- Balances the use of resources to maintain an environment which supports safe, effective care in a cost-effective manner.
- Coordinates the operational aspects of the patient care unit and allocates and supervises use of human and material resources
- Provides for professional growth and development of nursing staff to meet competency standards.
- Functions as a role model in clinical specialty, demonstrating competency in clinical judgment and maintaining an appropriate knowledge-base
- Serves as specialty representative, Magnet champions, and other resource roles
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of New Jersey
- Master's degree required, MSN preferred
- Emergency Department RN experience strongly preferred
- CPR/ACLS, PALS through the American Heart Association required
- IV/CVC certification required