Windows Application Ops Engineer
Posted on Jun 25, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Ops Engineer (ALM, SQL Server)
For one of my globally leading financial clients in the Netherlands I am urgently looking for an Ops Engineer (ALM, SQL Server).
The successful Ops Engineer (ALM, SQL Server) will be working with a diverse group of developers in an agile team in a dynamic working environment.
Key skills required:
* You are fluent in Dutch and English
* Relevant experience in application management, operations or infra roles, dealing with MS SQL Server and Windows Server
* Pro-active and hands-on attitude, learns quick
* Educated and capable to understand elaborate English security policy documents
* Able to keep oversight of complex processes in a constantly changing environment, and/but deliver results
* Team player
* Strong "business sense": you have strong analytical skills and are willing to learn and understand business requests. Doing so, you develop new insights and drive towards actionable results
* You communicate and align with a wide array of global stakeholders in a natural way. You are able to peel down technical problems, and explain root causes and work-around instructions to the business. You are fluent in Dutch and English
* In exceptional occasions if the team request you to, you are willing to work or be stand-by outside business hours
Understanding of, or at least interested in the following:
* Deployment processes in CDaaS and cloud environments
* IT Security
* An Agile/Scrum way of working
* Scripts eg to automate (regression) testing
* Financial processes related to market risk or interest rate and liquidity risk
Job description and responsibilities:
* Responsible for availability, performance, security, and life cycle management of the applications, Windows Server, Citrix, and MS SQL databases with SSAS and SSRS components.
* Take proactive action in investigating Security requirements, define necessary work to be done, and carry out (also documentation)
* Carry out upgrades and clean installs, remove redundant databases, carry out patching, analyse capacity issues, structure processes eg using TFS, run (C#) scripts
* Responsible for managing and carrying out all deployments on the Production and Acceptance environments
* Align with other departments where needed, eg about keeping Service-Now and CMDB in line with infra changes, patches, memory/CPU allocation, backup and restore, disaster recovery testing, security event monitoring
* Facilitate the monthly business processes of the user groups. To do so, closely cooperate with end users and the Business Analysts in your team. Analyse, coordinate and resolve incidents, implement changes
* Take a lead role in the migration of whole platform with all its components into the firm's Private Cloud (IPC)
* Coordinate user management of the applications
* Coordinate and carry out IT security test procedures, eg related to SOX or other regulatory requirements
* Where requested, be a sparring partner in projects which are led by the Developers in your team, eg to ease future support and maintenance of new developments.
If you are the Ops Engineer (ALM, SQL Server) my client is looking for then please do not delay in sending me your CV for immediate consideration.
Contract: 6months +
Please get in touch ASAP ffor further details.