Director of Nursing
Posted on Jun 25, 2019 by Agemark
As the Director of Nursing, you'll be responsible for oversight of all wellness functions including:
- Lead by example by interacting with residents and staff every day and walking the building and being involved in care.
- Develop and oversee implementation of resident service plans to comply with doctor orders and meet health care needs. Assure quality, continuity and appropriateness of care provided.
- Communicate with residents, families, staff, physicians and other health care providers regarding resident health issues and service plans.
- Review and update service plans according to state requirements.
- Perform and supervise the performance of individual nursing services as required.
- Provide direction and monitoring to all wellness staff.
- Implement wellness program to maximize health through education, preventative care, etc.
- Assess prospective residents to determine care needs and appropriateness for residency.
- Coordinate wellness services procedures to move in new residents.
- Train/orientate staff concerning wellness services functions and procedures as directed; provide staff in-services as required.
- Identify at-risk residents and help create risk management plan if needed.
- Facilitate alternative placement or supplemental care when appropriate.
- Oversee medication setup and delivery system.
- Respond to resident emergency calls as needed; review and document emergency call responses.
- Ensure safe, secure storage of all medications, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Assure accurate & timely documentation and timely submission of services provided for resident billing.
- LPN or RN - RN preferred
- Valid license for applicable state
- 1 year working with seniors preferred
- 2 years people management experience required
- Knowledge of medication, dosage and terminology & medication side effects
- Knowledge of health factors in seniors
- Proven track record of integrity
- Excellent verbal/written communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Help residents live safely and with dignity and encourage independence and healthy choices
- Able to work extra hours including evenings, nights and weekends at times.
- Able to evaluate resident condition for changes or symptoms.
- Able to coach and lead wellness staff to assure best care possible.
- Able to work as part of a team at all levels and promote teamwork